Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cute Tutu bow holder made for my daughter!!

How to make a TuTu Bow Holder!



I am so excited I have been wanting to make a bow holder for my daughter and its finally finished!! It was so much fun making and she loves it!! We can now keep all her bows and not loose them anymore!

Here are some pictures to take you step by step in this fun project!








1. Fold a piece of paper and cut to how you want your stencil to be, and cut it out.





















2. Open your cut stencil and start to trace on plywood.


















3. I traced my stencil out several times in the board I had enough to make 6 out of 1 board. You can choose your size board I used 3/16th's  inch thick board purchased at Home Depot it was already a small square cut and was around $3.00.












4. You can design your top of the dress bow holder to look any way you want. My daugther loves zebra so I painted hers zebra and then sprayed it with a clear coat of clear gloss. Next we added strips of tulle I had cut and hot glued them to the back and we just added some ribbon to be the bow holders, and made bows out of the same ribbon used for the bow holder strips and hot glued them on and hot glued some ribbon at the top so we could hang it on my daughters wall.




I love it and my daughter was so excited its a really easy project to do and not that expensive I think all together under $10 and I still have enough to do 5 more! I purchased all the tulle and bow materials at Hobby Lobby and always remember those Hobby Lobby Coupons!!  I can't wait to start my next one, I am also on another project with painting my daughters name with the letters and hanging them on her wall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment